Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Maintenance Apprentice will provide assistance with the upkeep to the physical building, furnishings and grounds as a place for business, residence, and education in partnership with the fulltime Campus Facilities team. This position also helps ensure the day-to-day maintenance and operation of Tyndale’s campus.
There are two openings available for this position. The position is seasonal full-time, with an anticipated start date of May 2, 2022 and an expected end date of September 2, 2022.
Building Maintenance and Upkeep
- Works with the Campus Facilities team to ensure the completion of maintenance projects and help desk requests in compliance with the department’s and health & safety’s policies and procedures, e.g. painting, electrical, plumbing, repairs of furniture & walls, minor projects, locks and doors, custodial, furniture moves, dorm maintenance, landscaping & gardening, etc.
- Assists staff, students and guests during off hours.
- Responds to Reception or Staff requests for assistance with event support and basic maintenance during off-hours.
- Spot clean carpets, organize storage spaces, cleaning as needed, keep shop and office tidy.
- Carry out all maintenance duties in compliance with the department’s and health & safety’s policies and procedures and perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma
0-6 months related experience
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use various hand tools
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Honest and dependable
- Self-starter, strong work ethic
- Positive and friendly
- Conducts oneself with professionalism and tact
- Flexible, with the ability to work with distractions and adjust to change
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
Physical and Mental Demands
- Requires physical stamina; standing and moving for a significant amount of time
- Ability to lift minimum 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform repeated tasks that require a certain level of strength
- Ability to work in a hot/cold work environment
- Ability to work in a dirty and noisy environment at times
- Overtime may be required in the event of an emergency response and/or for special events
- May encounter challenging people and vendors from time to time. Important to maintain a
- clam demeanor
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
This position is for students only. Please refrain from applying if you are not a student currently enrolled in (or returning to) post-secondary education. Please note, all applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. To apply for this position, please submit your application to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Please reference the current position title within subject line."
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.