Tyndale University College & Seminary is a multi-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
The Maintenance Staff Associate provides maintenance and upkeep to the Tyndale physical building, furnishings and grounds as a place for business, residence, and education in partnership with the Campus Facilities team. The Associate helps to ensure the day-to-day maintenance and operations of Tyndale’s campus.
a) Building Maintenance & Upkeep
• Work with the Campus Facilities team to ensure the completion of maintenance projects and help desk requests in compliance with the department’s and health & safety’s policies and procedures, e.g. painting, electrical, plumbing, repairs of furniture & walls, minor projects, locks and doors, custodial, etc.
• Assist supervisor with contractor liaison management on site.
• Ensure workshop is organized and clean; maintain equipment & tools.
• Complete Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preventive maintenance requests.
b) Events, Setups & Office Moves
• Assist with regular, internal setups & resets and major event setups.
• Assist with crowd and parking control as necessary.
• Assist supervisor with scheduled offices moves and public furniture moves and furniture requests.
• Daily inspect and reset building furniture.
c) Exterior Maintenance
• Ensure walkways and entrances are safe during snow and ice conditions; provide snow-shoveling and salting, as necessary.
• Perform tree trimming and branch removal, as required.
• Provide seasonal gardening, as needed.
• Ensure all exterior spaces are clean and presentable; includes waste management
• Assist with property safety inspections.
• Assist in security and First Aid/CPR response, flood, power outages, etc.
• High School Diploma
• College Diploma, preferred
• 0-6 months related experience
c) Skills and Abilities
• Ability to use various hand tools
• Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
• Ability to multi-task
d) Personal Characteristics
• Honest and dependable
• Self-starter, strong work ethic
• Positive and friendly
• Conducts oneself with professionalism and tact
• Flexible, with the ability to work with distractions and adjust to change
• A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
e) Physical and Mental Demands
• Requires physical stamina; standing and moving for a significant amount of time
• Ability to lift minimum 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform repeated tasks that require a certain level of strength
• Ability to work in a hot/cold work environment
• Ability to work in a dirty and noisy environment at times
• Overtime may be required in the event of an emergency response and/or for special events
• May encounter challenging people and vendors from time to time. Important to maintain a clam demeanor
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University College & Seminary, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University College & Seminary provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.