Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Marketing Assistant role is to support the marketing and communications team. Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications, this roll performs administrative tasks, manages projects including timelines, conducts market research, updates the system database, creates marketing assets, and fosters strong relationships with our clients.
- Coordinate the production of collateral, promotional items and marketing material with internal clients and external vendors
- Manage and update projects in Basecamp (project management system)
- Undertake daily administrative tasks and coordination of the department’s activities
- Assist in the organizing of events and traditional or digital campaigns and be on-site as needed
- Assist in the development of new ideas for social media content
- Conduct research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content
- Support the marketing team in organizing various projects
- Meet deadlines for all assigned tasks and projects
- Other duties as required
Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field preferred
- 1+ years of experience in marketing
- Experience in an office environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of photography is an asset
- Strong desire to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently on projects
- Strong attention to detail/detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A nature of confidentiality
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Hybrid of working virtually and on campus
- Ability to meet deadlines amidst competing priorities; able to work under pressure
- May require some work outside regular business hours
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
External candidates can apply for the Marketing Assistant position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates (current employees with active WFN accounts) can log in and apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.