Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Registration Assistant is responsible for registering students, responding to inquiries and carrying out back-office functions such as document imaging and filing.
Defined Term Contract
May 2023 to July 2024
- Serves at the registration counter
- Registers students in a timely and accurate manner
- Provides timely and accurate response to faculty/ staff inquiries and requests regarding classes and registration by phone, email, fax or in-person
- Provides timely and accurate response to student inquiries related to course selection and registration
- Assists in processing transcript requests
- Assists in processing letter requests
- Assists in processing change of program and letter of permission requests
- Monitors the waitlist for course registration
- Monitors the pending registration forms
- Assists in document imaging by scanning and importing
- Coordinates shredding of confidential documents
- Other duties as assigned by the Registrar or Registration Officer
- Assists in filing and ordering office supplies
- Assists in Convocation activities
College diploma or equivalent experience
- 1 - 2 years of administrative experience
- Administrative experience in a non-profit or educational institution
- Experience with database and records management
Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and perform tasks in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve and handle customer problems and complaints in a professional manner
- Ability to work effectively in both a team-based and self-directed environment
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
Physical and Mental Demands
- General office environment and office equipment
- Moderate stress level: a fast-paced environment with occasional distractions
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
External candidates can apply for the position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates can apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.
View all Employment Listings »
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.