Tyndale University is a multi-denominational, evangelical postsecondary institution that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
The Registration Assistant is responsible for registering students, responding to inquiries and carrying out back-office functions such as document imaging and filing.
- Serves at the registration counter.
- Registers students in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides timely and accurate response to faculty/ staff inquiries and requests regarding classes and registration by phone, email, fax or in person.
- Provides timely and accurate response to student inquiries related to course selection and registration.
- Assists in processing transcript requests.
- Assists in processing letter requests.
- Assists in processing change of program and letter of permission requests.
- Monitors the waitlist for course registration.
- Monitors the pending registration forms.
- Prepares ID Cards for students, staff and faculty.
- Assists in document imaging by scanning and importing documents to Microsoft SharePoint.
- Coordinates shredding of confidential documents.
- Other duties as assigned by the Registrar or Registration Officer.
- Assists in filing and ordering office supplies.
- Assists in Convocation activities.
College diploma or equiv alent experience
- 2 - 3 years of administrative experience
- Administrative experience in a non-profit or educational institution
Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and perform tasks in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve and handle customer problems and complaints in a professional manner
- Ability to work effectively in both a team-based and self-directed environment
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Conducts oneself with professionalism and tact
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- General office environment and office equipment
- Moderate stress level: a fast- paced environment with occasional distractions
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.