Tyndale University is a multi-denominational, evangelical postsecondary institution that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
The Registration Support Specialist works collaboratively with the Registrar and Senior Registration Officer to provide timely and accurate enrollment statistics and reports for the institution. This position is responsible for the maintenance of the Registration System, execute systems processes, trouble-shoot and resolve systems issues. In addition, this position also supports the department by assisting with activities that contribute to student success and improved retention.
Reports and Statistics
- Provide timely and accurate institution information, statistics and analysis of data.
- Assist to prepare timely and accurate annual report for accrediting agencies.
- Produce timely and accurate institution’s KPI (Key Performance Indicators) covering enrollment and graduate data for the government.
- Develop and implement data analysis, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
System and Records Management
- Provide support in the functional administration of the Registration System (Jenzabar EX) including setup, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Understand and ensure that the registration processes and operations are running as expected.
- Analyze any irregularities that arose from systems synchronization.
- Regularly support technical aspects of daily processes and coordinate with IT department on technical needs.
- In charge of system testing prior to upgrade and/or interface with new system.
- Search and rectify duplicate records in the system.
- Evaluate existing processes, develop recommendations and implement improvements and/or enhancement to services, systems and processes.
- Timely and accurate registration of students.
- Assist with group registration.
- Assist in courses set up.
- Respond timely and accurately to student inquiries.
- Respond timely and accurately to staff and faculty requests.
- Assist in Convocation activities.
Undergraduate degree; with background in Mathematics or Statistics preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience.
- Experience with database and records management preferred.
- Experience with educational institution, programs, and procedures related to registration or records preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with MS Office, extensive experience using Word and Excel
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to pull, compile, and present data in a meaningful way.
- Knowledge in SQL
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and detail oriented
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work effectively in both a team-based and self-directed environment
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of self-motivation and independent action
- Conducts oneself with professionalism and tact
- Mature and professional attitude
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- General office environment and office equipment.
- Moderate stress level: a fast-paced environment and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to problem solving and handle customer problems and complaints in a professional manner.
- Ability to focus and work with occasional distractions.
- Ability to focus and help generate/analyze departmental reports.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.