Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Tyndale Seminary, a trans-denominational graduate school of theology in the evangelical, Protestant tradition, invites applications and nominations for a full-time position to provide research support for the Tyndale Centre for Pastoral Imagination, as well as provide administrative support for the Seminary Dean’s Office.
Research Support for Tyndale Centre for Pastoral Imagination (60%)
- Procure data purchases necessary from research databases for projects
- Research and support in the procurement of software necessary for projects
- Research other grant opportunities and write grant applications
- Conduct data collection and data analysis to support research leads
- Support all Research Ethics Board (REB) applications
- Support report writing for research projects and Lilly Grant reporting
- Other administrative support as needed
Administrative Support for Seminary Dean’s Office (40%)
- Issue contracts to all independent contractors related to the Seminary program
- Prepare and submit invoices and paysheets bi-weekly
- Review and upload all course syllabi each semester
- Support Seminary-related events (including, but not limited to, Preaching Conference, Wesley Studies Symposium, and book launches)
- Other administrative support as needed
- Undergraduate degree (or Masters degree) in business and/or statistics preferred
- Preference is given to candidate who has demonstrated qualitative or quantitative research in their studies
- Experience conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research work
- Experience in the administration of grants (including research, application, and reporting)
- Experience in office administration
Skills and Abilities
- Proven skills in adapting and learning a wide variety of software
- Demonstrated capacity for strong verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated capacity for financial literacy
- Ability to effectively relate to a multicultural, multidenominational, multigenerational student body
- Demonstrated collegial style committed to collaboration with colleagues within the institution and the broader professional community
- Self-starter, quick learner, with a strong work ethic
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Occasional lifting of heavy items (e.g. boxes of files, training material, etc.)
- Sitting and using office equipment for a long period of time, often requires focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with interruptions
- May encounter challenging people from time to time. Important to maintaining a calm and professional demeanor; listening to the customer’s needs.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
External candidates can apply for the position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates (current employees with active WFN accounts) can log in and apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.
View all Employment Listings »
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.