Tyndale Seminary, an accredited, Canadian school of theology in the evangelical Protestant tradition, invites applications for a full-time faculty position in New Testament to begin August 2019. The successful candidate will hold a research doctorate in New Testament with demonstrated excellence in teaching and scholarly research. Areas of expertise are open but the ability to contribute to the broad theological curriculum is essential. The appointee will align with the Seminary’s commitment to a multicultural, multidenominational learning environment, a global and missional understanding of the church, and the formation of students for effective ministry and service.
The appointee will teach introductory and advanced courses in New Testament both on-campus and online. Student advisement, thesis supervision, and institutional and community service are expected. As a faith-based institution, the appointee will align with Tyndale’s Statement of Faith.
- Develop and teach graduate courses in New Testament Studies in concert with departmental colleagues
- Adapt courses as needed to various delivery modes including semester-based, intensive, and online formats
- Supervise NT theses and research projects at the basic and advanced degree levels
Research and Scholarship
- Engage in ongoing research, writing and publishing in one’s area of expertise
- Participate and present in scholarly guilds and events
- Collaborate with colleagues in building a research culture in the department
- Participate in community life of the school, serve on curricular and administrative committees and special projects
- Engage with the external constituency (church, scholarly, public) with a view to bridging the academy and community
- Research doctorate (PhD, ThD) in New Testament Studies
- Proven experience in graduate level teaching, supervision and research
- Committed to the formation of women and men for Christian ministry in its various forms
- Strong research and publication agenda
- Demonstrated capacity for the integration of Biblical Studies with Christian faith and practice
- Ministry experience an asset
Open Rank with preference for an experienced teacher/scholar
Commensurate with rank and experience
Review of applications will commence January 1, 2019 and continue until the position is filled
Please send a cover letter highlighting your fit with the position description, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references.
Applications should be submitted electronically to the Seminary Search Committee, New Testament at: employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca
While all applications will be considered, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University College & Seminary, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University College & Seminary provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.