Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Student Financial Advisor serves the Tyndale University student body by processing charges, student inquiries, payments, refunds, adjustments, invoices, government loans administration, records management, and financial advising while delivering excellent customer service. The position also assists the Student Financial Services Manager in providing financial and data analysis for management while also being involved in various operational process
- Act as a front desk contact for Student Financial Services, providing a professional, welcoming and customer service-oriented environment to all students.
- Coordinate with other departments (Admissions, Campus & Conference Services, the Registrar’s Office, Student Development & CAE) regarding charges, payment, refunds, government loans, invoices, adjustments, scholarships and bursaries, etc.
- Address internal and external student account inquiries via phone, e-mail, mail and in person, and refer to other departments as necessary.
- Prepare mass email communications to students.
- Handle student complaints in a professional, timely and effective manner.
Students Loans Administration
- Assist students in loan application inquiries and appeals.
- Work with the Ministry of Training to resolve additional requirements or restrictions for certain applications.
- Ensure timely and accurate communications with students and the Ministry of Training.
Data Entry, reporting and Analysis
- Prepare entries for all account receivable related adjustments.
- Prepare daily deposit and refund
- Maintain and develop various Account Receivable related worksheets for both internal and external use.
- Prepare students’ invoices and letters, as requested.
Research and Process Improvement
- Work with IT developers to automate processes
- Improve the efficiency of SFS team by reviewing policies and procedures
- Assist in other projects/research as assigned
Student Financial Aid Support
- Assist students and families in planning and managing their educational costs and exploring other financing options (i.e. government loans, bank loans, bursaries and alternate means of education financing).
- Set up payment plans with students and ensure regular follow-up with students’ regarding their financial situations.
- Assist Senior Financial Advisor in managing delinquent accounts, i.e. notifying students of delinquent accounts and following up, providing payment plan proposals to students.
- Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
- Accounting degree, preferred
- Undergraduate university degree or equivalent (i.e. BA, BSc, BComm, etc.)
- 1-2 years in data management/analysis
- 2 to 3 years related experience
- Experience working with accounting software
- Working knowledge of OSAP preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good experience with MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Strong inter-personal and customer service skills with the ability to be a persuasive, professional advocate for the organization
- Committed to confidentiality
- Committed to Tyndale's mission, values, statement of faith and community standards statements
- Flexible and consistent
- Passionate about serving family, church, work and community
- Self-starter and team oriented
Physical and Mental Demands
- May encounter challenging people from time to time. Important to maintain a calm and professional demeanor; listening to the customer's needs
- Moderate stress from multiple project deadlines and multiple distractions
- Sitting and using office equipment for long periods of time
How to Apply
External candidates can apply for the position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates (current employees with active WFN accounts) can log in and apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.
View all Employment Listings »
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.