Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Marketing & Communications department is looking to hire an enthusiastic student to support the busy marketing and communications team. You will be working directly with the Creative Marketing Coordinator and assisting with all related tasks. To ensure success as a marketing assistant, you should have knowledge of digital marketing techniques, excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to manage strict deadlines.
- Photograph student life, events, merch items, etc.
- Assist in creating social media content (Instagram Reels/TikToks)
- Assist in the development of new ideas for social media content
- Assist in the development of graphic design assets
- Assist in updating the Mailchimp database
- Conduct research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content
- Performing administrative tasks to ensure the functionality of marketing activities
- Meet deadlines for all assigned tasks and projects
- Other duties as required
Currently enrolled in post-secondary education
Experience in an office environment preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with Canva, Adobe Suites
- Good understanding of social media platforms
- Knowledge of photography
- Knowledge of videography
- Good project and time management skills
- Passion for digital marketing
- Strong desire to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently on projects
- Strong attention to detail / detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A nature of confidentiality
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Hybrid of working virtually and on campus
- Ability to meet deadlines amidst competing priorities; able to work under pressure
- May require some work outside regular business hours
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
This position is for students only. Please refrain from applying if you are not a student returning to post-secondary education for the 2022-2023 Academic Year. External candidates can apply for the position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates (current employees with active WFN accounts) can log in and apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.