Tuition Tax Receipts
Tyndale's Student Financial Services Office issues two tuition tax receipts, T2202A and T4A, every year during the 3rd week of February. These tax forms can be found online at myTyndale.ca. Paper copies are no longer being issued.
The T2202A is an official statement for income tax purposes showing the total claimable amount of tuition and fees paid, including the number of months of full or part-time studies.
The T4A reports the full amount of scholarships, bursaries, and awards that are received as a student. A T4A will not be generated unless the total amount for the year exceeds $500. These amounts are claimable under box 105 and are not reported as taxable income on your tax return.
Obtaining Your Tax Receipts
- Go to myTyndale.ca.
- Log in using your myTyndale username and password.
- Click on Financial Services tab.
- Click on My Tax Forms on the left side of the screen.
- Follow the instructions.
Note: For security purposes, you may be required to change your password from your student ID number to obtain your tax forms.
Property Tax Credit
- Students who live on-campus are eligible to claim $25 for the property tax credit for a student residence.
- Students who live in residence cannot claim rent paid for the property tax credit as Tyndale does not pay municipal taxes.
Student Tax Assistance Resources
Student Financial Services does not assist students to file their taxes or offer tax advice to students. The following are some resources that can help students with filing their taxes.