The Non-Profit Organizational Leadership concentration in the Doctor of Ministry Leadership Track focuses on Organizational Leadership specifically for non-profit Christian organizations from multiple sectors (international development, missions, denominational, para-church etc.). It combines theory with practice, theology with ministry, and collaborative learning with individual projects. Students work on three major projects and complete their program with an integrated research portfolio.
Together, students will learn principles of effective organizational and foundational theories leadership, explore relevant research findings and cultural/sociological/psychological dynamics, and develop awareness of alternative models for understanding and leading individuals and teams in business and professional organizations in a global world. In tandem, you will be shaped by organizational leadership best practices and dynamics in the core disciplines of strategic planning, governance, finance and development.
Program Format & Courses
The Non-Profit Organizational Leadership concentration in the Doctor of Ministry Leadership Track is a cohort model, with some sequenced courses. Students will complete 12 courses within 3 years, with distance learning and residency phases each year.
- The distance learning phase includes reading, writing, research, reflection, application, and collaboration primarily supported by teachers, personal growth coaches, and research portfolio advisors.
- The residency phase – two weeks in June and one week in January – includes worship and prayer, lectures, plenary discussions, group activities, small group meetings, and individual work.
Course titles, descriptions and sequence may be modified when warranted after due process by the DMin Program Committee and Academic Planning Committee.
- DMML 0901 Formation of the Leader
- DMML 0941 Exegeting Your Ministry Context
- DMML 0951 Integration Overview
- DMNO 0901 Facing the Unique Challenges of Leading a Non-profit Organizations: Why Business Thinking is not enough!
- DMML 0907 Leadership Development
- DMML 0942 Philosophy of Christian Leadership
- DMML 0952 Integration Proposal
- DMNO 0902 Imagination and Innovation: Strategic Development for Non-profit Organizations
- DMML 0905 Intercultural Leadership Competency
- DMML 0943 Action Research Project
- DMML 0953 Integration Portfolio
- DMNO 0903 Fund Raising/Recruitment the Foundations of Leadership in Non-profits