Event Type: Wesley Studies
Tyndale’s next Wesley Studies Symposium will take place on April 30, 2019, with Marguerite Van Die giving the keynote address. Van Die is Professor Emerita of History at Queen’s University, and a noted expert on Canadian church history. Her many publications include An Evangelical Mind: Nathaniel Burwash and the Methodist Tradition in Canada, 1839-1917. Dr. Van Die’s address is entitled “Canadian Methodist Spirituality in the Late Nineteenth Century: revisiting the past, renewing the future.”
- Justin Bradbury, “Nothing Stands Alone: The Means of Grace and Mission in John Wesley's Theology.”
- Charlotte Chung ,“John Wesley’s Doctrine of the Holy Spirit: The Triune God as the foundation and telos of creation.”
- Mike Puddicombe, "Missional Theological Education and Its Impact on the Local Church."
- Nathan Veley, “John Wesley and Thomas Aquinas on perfection in relation to the Imago Dei.”
- Aaron Perry, “Saving Faces: Considering the Tension of Self-Revelation and Pastoral Leadership Through the Fiction of C.S. Lewis."
- Janelle Zeeb, “Purgatory for Protestants? Jerry Walls and Gregory Boyd on Purgatory and Sanctification.”
- Jeffery McPherson, “Social Holiness: The Problem of Dementia for the Doctrine of Christian Perfection.”
Further details can be found on the symposium schedule.