The MTS Degree and Graduate Diploma Modular-Cohort Program provides graduate study in an intensive format on a part-time evening basis and is ideal for students seeking deeper biblical and theological foundations for Christian witness and service in all avenues of life.
The program is organized around a missional understanding of the Church as the people of God called and sent out into every sphere of society to embody and witness the good news of God’s coming kingdom.
The Tyndale Seminary Master of Theological Studies Degree Modular Cohort Program:
If you are interested in joining the new cohort (no. 37!) beginning Sept. 8, 2020, please contact one of our Admissions Counsellors
- Is a foundational degree program in Christian theology and ministry (sequence of 18 courses; the Graduate Diploma is first 9 courses of this sequence);
- Provides understanding in the theological disciplines while integrating intellectual rigor, spiritual formation and ministry development;
- Offers a cohesive, integrative learning experience to equip leaders to think, act and lead missionally, i.e., to exegete scripture and culture in order to the engage the world--their workplaces, neighbourhoods and communities--with the whole Gospel.
- Works in small cohorts that are guided by competent faculty;
- Is completed in less than three years; students do not need leave their place of employment (classes only on Tuesday night, starting this Fall Semester).
- Moves beyond the traditional clergy-laity distinction and its focus on identifying, training and credentialing pastor-teachers. The contemporary church in Canada needs a plurality of trained leaders (see also Ephesians 4) deeply rooted in Bible and theology while learning through apprenticeship in communities.