Event Location: Online – Zoom
Event Type: Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre
This module will explore what it means to grieve and lament, we will learn how to help others in their time of sorrow and loss. Special attention will be paid to the Psalms as a resource for encouragement for those dealing with death.
- Deeper understanding of key biblical passages that address death, grief, and loss
- Theological resources to respond to common cultural misperceptions and myths surrounding the death experience
- Discover how Christian have practiced spiritual care for the dying and grieving
- How to conduct a caring visit with those facing grief, including the appropriate use of prayers and Scripture
Dr. Blair Bertrand
Rev. Dr. Bertrand is Lecturer at Zomba Theological College (Malawi) and Educational Consult-ant at Theological Education by Extension Malawi (TEEM). Publications include co-editing Con-sensus and Conflict: Practical Theology for Congregations in the Work of Richard R. Osmer and “Abusa Chimwala’s Exorcism: Demons, Barth, and the Church of Central Africa (Presbyterian)”, Stellenbosch Theological Journal. He was recently invited to consult on the Congregations in a Secular Age: Storytelling and Thriving project at Luther Seminary (Minneapolis, Minnesota). He is an ordained Presbyterian Church in Canada minister.
- Each module is $135.00 plus administrative fees
- $729 for package of 6 modules (plus administration fees), complete cost for the Death, Dying and Grief Certificate modules at discounted rate
- Packages are only available before the start date of the first module
- There is a 10% discount for full-time Tyndale students, alumni and staff. You will need to contact the Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre to receive a discount code before registering online