Event Type: Wesley Studies
Tyndale's tenth annual Wesley Studies Symposium will take place on April 25, 2018, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, here at the Tyndale campus.
We are very pleased to welcome Dr. Stephen Lennox as our keynote speaker this year. Dr. Lennox is the President of Kingswood University in Sussex, New Brunswick. He is a graduate of Houghton College, Evangelical Seminary, and Drew University, where he earned his PhD in Biblical Studies in 1992, focusing on the history of Biblical Interpreation int the American Holiness Movement. He is an ordained Wesleyan Minister and long-time theological educator who taught for over twenty years at Indiana Wesleyan University before taking up his role at Kingswood. Lennox has authored eight books and numerous articles and essays.
Dr. Lennox will present a lecture on higher education in the Wesleyan Tradition entitled, "A Sanctifying Context."
Other presenters include:
- Dan Sheffield, “A Wesleyan Ecology of Christian Formation.”
- Tim Perry, “Evangelicals and Vatican II.”
- Michael Brain, “The Evangelization of Metaphysics: Robert W. Jenson and the Barthian Critique of Religion.”
- Axel Kazadi, “The Arrangement of Predestination in Calvin's Institutes: A Critical Assessment of the relationship between predestination and the theme of Book Three.”
- Dale Harris, “A Stranger Love: Hospitality as a Response to Homosexuality in the Church.”