- From your course page in classes.tyndale.ca, log in, and select Turn Editing On
- In the section you wish to add the forum, select Add an activity or resource
- Select the radio button beside Forum followed by Add
Set up the Forum
- Forum name – The name that will display on the course page
- A single simple discussion – One topic to respond to
- Each person posts one discussion –Limited to one new discussion topic per student
- Q and A forum – Limits visibility to all replies until after student initially replies
- Standard forum displayed in blog-like format – posts are listed chronologically
- Standard forum for general use – students may create and reply to as many topics as they wish
- Forum introduction – Information about the forum. This will be the first post of the Single simple discussion type.
- Subscription mode – Do students receive e-mail notifications of new posts in forums after posting?
- Read tracking for this forum – Flag new posts since last logon as unread
Post threshold for blocking
- Useful to stop spammers in public forums. Not as useful for academic settings
- Connects to Moodle Gradebook
- Can track participation
- Students can rank posts
- Useful for Gradebook
Common module settings
- Group settings
- Select Save and return to course to display the main course page, Save and display to show the forum, or Cancel to discard changes and return to the course page.