Begin your university studies in Biology with two years at Tyndale. Gain an academic insight in the life sciences while integrating your life of faith with your scientific passion. Continue your degree at Nipissing University, and graduate with either a BSc or BSc Honours degree in Biology.
Biology and Faith
Explore the mysteries of living things on our planet. This biology degree will help you discover how to be a faithful steward of God’s creation while examining and appreciating the earth’s diverse systems. As you pursue your scientific ambitions, discover how your Christian faith will equip you to be a biologist of excellence.
The Foundations of Science
Investigate the intricate web of living things as you study biology at the molecular, cellular and organismal levels. Take your scientific understanding to a new level. Learn about evolutionary biology in a university that probes philosophical and religious assumptions. Gain an appreciation of the insights of scientists who may work out of a belief system very different from your own. Discover how worldviews shape and motivate the discovery of knowledge in science and other disciplines.
Possible Future Opportunities »
- Environmental Engineer
- Medical Doctor
Major Requirements to be taken in your first 2 years at Tyndale (7 courses or 21 credit hours)
- [BIOL 1033] Molecular and Cell Biology
- [BIOL 1043] Organismal and Evolutionary Biology
- [CHEM 1013] General Chemistry I
- [CHEM 1023] General Chemistry II
- [BIOL 2213] Principles of Ecology
- [BIOL 2313] Genetics
[BIOL 2013] Biology of Seedless Plants
[BIOL 2023] Biology of Seed Plants
Other Requirements to be completed in your first 2 years at Tyndale (13 courses or 39 credit hours)
- You must have 2 courses (6 credit hours) from the Humanities (English, History, Philosophy, Biblical Studies and Theology, Fine Arts), and an additional 2 courses from the Social Sciences (Economics, Psychology, Human Services).
View Major/Minor Sheets »