Minor in Christian Ministries - Intercultural Studies
Learn about intercultural ministries in one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world. A minor in Christian Ministries – Intercultural Studies will provide you with the skills you’ll need to minister to people in different cultural contexts. Whether you desire to work full-time in an intercultural ministry community, to volunteer across cultural divides or to witness in your own multicultural setting, this program is for you.
Learn from professors who are currently ministering in an intercultural context. Be relevant to those to whom you minister as you learn about different cultural expressions of Christian faith. You can explore international development studies as a part of this program. Gain practical tools to converse with people who have a perspective different from your own. Learn skills that can be applied in multi-cultural settings. This minor can serve as an important part of a Christian missions training program.
Internship in Intercultural Ministry
An internship in Intercultural Studies will expose you to life in a cross-cultural ministry context. Put into practice your cross-cultural communication skills and theological understanding of global Christianity. As you work in this ministry, your faculty advisor and field supervisor will be available to help you navigate through the experience.
This Intercultural Studies program will help you gain a better understanding of the different cultural perspectives that people bring into conversations about faith.
For a future career as a »
- Outreach Worker
- Worship Leader
- International Development Coordinator
In addition to your major requirements, you must complete (18 Credit Hours):
- Two Language Courses (not GREE or HEBR):[CHIN1013], [CHIN1023], [FREN1013], [FREN1023], [FREN 2013], [FREN 2023], [SPAN1013], [SPAN1023]
- [CHRI 3613] Global Christianity
[CHRI 3633] Cross-Cultural Communication or
[IDVP 3033] Cross-Cultural Studies
- [CHRI 3693] Internship in Intercultural Studies
Plus 1 course (3 Credit Hours) from:
- [CHRI 3643] Ministry in a Multicultural World
- [CHRI 3623] Modern Missiological Issues
- [CHRI 3663] Foundations of Intercultural Studies
- [CHRI 3673] Practice of Intercultural Ministry
- [CHRI 3683] Seminar in Intercultural Studies
- [IDVP 3013] Introduction to International Development
- [IDVP 3043] Anthropology and International Development
- [IDVP 3023] Political Science/Micropolitics of International Development
View Major/Minor Sheets »