Our hope is that while you live in residence you make this your home away from home. Residence is a great place for you to get connected with the community while living in a comfortable, clean and safe environment.
Living on campus allows you easy access to a variety of study spaces, meals with friends, and no need to commute home after a great Council event that goes late into the evening.
Tyndale is located in a the suburb of North York which is one of the safest neighbourhoods of Toronto.
If you crave forested areas, we back onto the Little Don River Ravine. The ravine has walking and biking trails which wander through wooded areas and extend all the way to downtown Toronto. Bestview park is only a 15 minute walk from Tyndale. There you will find tennis courts, a baseball diamond, and a small skating rink in the winter.
There are two plazas with a variety of shops that cater to students needs.
It only takes 10 minutes to walk to the Bayview - Cummer shops.
- Banks: CIBC, TD Canada Trust
- Food: Swiss Chalet, Harveys, Kori Sushi, ValuMart, Mac's Convenience
- Heath: Rexall Drug Store, dental office, walk in clinic
- Other: Bayview Nail salon, hair dresser, post office
Lauraleaf Plaza is a 20 minute walk from Tyndale as well.
- Bank: Royal Bank
- Food: Second Cup, Pizza Pizza, Subway
- Health: Shoppers Drug Mart, dental office
- Other: nail salon, dry cleaner, hair dresser
Toronto offers a plethora of sites and activities. Students will find it easy to make their way throughout Toronto via the TTC. There are a variety of stops located around Tyndale to provide students with easy access; not to mention the one that is at the end of our driveway.
Tyndale's 32 acres of green space offers students a space to walk, read, or relax out in nature. They also have the opportunity to challenge their friends to a game of disc golf.
Tyndale strives to provide a variety of activities for students in their free time. Everyone has a different way of de-stressing and relaxing. On campus you can find a variety of ways of spending your free time.
- Exercising: Intramural sports, pick-up sorts in the gym, The Henderson Center gym, and club sports.
- Activities: pool, table tennis, foosball, Student led clubs, UC Council Events, Rez hall events
- Hangouts: residence lounges, the Coffee Shop, various soft seating through the campus.
- Snacks: The Coffee Shop, Vending machines, that take debit payment, are located in various locations on campus.
Tyndale offers parking to their Tyndale community. There is a semester registration fee for your vehicle of $25 (price is subject to change).
Tyndale is WiFi accessible, your Tyndale email and password allow you to have free access to WiFi. Each residence room is equipped with a data port. For a small fee (per semester), students can have their data port activated. There are two computer labs located on campus as well.
Rez life does not just happen in your dorm room. There are 3 spacious lounges within residence. Each of these lounges have a flat screen TV with satellite. Students also have the capabilities of hooking up their laptop to the TV to watch movies. We've provided soft seating, and chairs and tables for group studying or socializing.
For students that need a quiet space there are several study rooms available.
Students have the choice of different types of rooms on residence:
Double - with the half-bathroom (toilet and sink) or sink only.
- Single - with a half-bathroom (toilet and sink)
- Large Single - with a half-bathroom (toilet and sink) or sink only.
There are washrooms with showers in every residence hall.
If you want to make a new friend and save money, a double room is a great experience. If you prefer having privacy and more space, a single room is perfect for you. Due to limited space, there are only a select number of single rooms available.
You will have a twin-size bed, desk and chair for your own. If you are in a double room, you will be sharing a dresser, and a closet with shelving.