The Library Services team and I are doing everything we can to ensure that the moving process will not be disruptive for you. We will ensure that all books that are used the most will be available for you.
In August 2014, we'll be moving the books that are least in circulation into offsite storage. When we move into the new library, the areas that will house the stacks won't be completely finished. All library materials will be available again when the rest of the library is completed.
What will be available:
- All books classified in Biblical Studies (BS) and Doctrinal Theology (BT) will be kept available.
- All material borrowed seven or more times in the last 11 years will remain available.
- All materials published since 2010 will remain available.
- All materials that are out in circulation during August 2014 and after will remain available.
- Books that professors have indicated are important will remain available.
- Books referenced on some course syllabi will remain available.
- All DVD's, kits and CD's will remain available.
- All Education Library children's literature, teaching tools, government documents, manipulatives and puppets will remain available.
The library will remain open for most of the summer. We may need to be closed for some days in August. The lower level of the main library will be closed to the public from July 14 to August 30, 2014. Items from the lower level will only be available for staff retrieval.
The new library on the Bayview campus is going to be great – a bright, new space for you to research, write essays, study and work on projects together. We have to go through a transition period together in order to get there, and more updates will follow in the months to come. The Library Services team and I are doing our best to make this process as smooth as possible.
Library Move Timeline
The following is our preliminary timeline. Check back for updates as they become available.
July 14 - 31, 2014
Lower level of main library is closed. Material from lower level retrievable by staff only.
August 1 - 31, 2014
Books going into storage will be moved and will not be available until the new library is complete. The main library will be open most days. Watch library hours for updates. Once the materials are moved out the lower level will reopen.
September - December, 2014
Main library operates from Ballyconnor campus for the Fall 2014 term.
December 2014 - January 2015
Library materials move to new main reading room under the chapel on the Bayview campus. Library staff move to Bayview campus.
January - April 2015
The main library will operate from the man library reading room beneath the chapel on the Bayview campus. Some materials from the main library will be in the main library reading room underneath the chapel. Some materials will be shelved in the Education Library and some materials will be in closed stack locations on campus retrievable by library staff. Material stored in off site location will not be available.
When new library stacks have been constructed
Library will completely occupy new library space and collections will be reintegrated.
Hugh Rendle MLS, MTS
Director, Library Services
Tyndale University College & Seminary