This information was updated May 28, 2015.
The J. William Horsey Library, Tyndale's main library, is open at our new location on the Bayview campus. We are open Monday to Friday and most Saturdays. We are located on the 200 level. Access from other floors is by the Vowel stairwells, either, stairwell/elevator "A" or "E".
Many books with low circulation have been moved offsite and are not available. As we await the construction of our new library stacks our main library collections are arranged differently. Some sections are shelved in the main library, in the education library and in closed stacks. All library materials will be available again when the rest of the library is completed.
For books shelved in closed stacks, the library offers the J. William Horsey Library Express Service. You will need to fill out titles and call numbers on a request form. Submit the form at the main library, sit back grab a coffee and we will get your book for you within the hour. Retrievals will be done at twenty minute intervals and must be picked up within 24 hours. For more information about how to use WorldCat and request books click here .
What is available:
- All books classified in Biblical Studies (BS) and Doctrinal Theology (BT) are available to users.
- All materials borrowed seven or more times in the last 12 years are available.
- All materials published since 2010 are available.
- Books that professors have pulled ahead of time are available.
- Books referenced on many course syllabi are available.
- All DVD's, kits and CD's are available.
- All Education Library children's literature, teaching tools, government documents, manipulatives and puppets are available.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this time. We look forward to serving you here and at the new campus.
When new library stacks have been constructed
Determining if items in WorldCat are really available.
During this transition, the Available status in WorldCat is not accurate for many items owned by Tyndale.
A. Available status is accurate for the following items:
- Books beginning with call numbers BS and BT
- Kits, DVD's, CD's
- Teaching tools,manipulatives, puppets, toys, government documents
B. Available status for other items is only accurate if the following statement appears beside the call number after clicking on the title in your results list:
"This item will remain available during construction of the new Tyndale library."
Items not mentioned in point A. that lack this statement are not available.
For example, to find out if other items are available, follow the two steps below:
If you are in any doubt, speak to library staff or
Hugh Rendle MLS, MTS
Director, Library Services
Tyndale University College & Seminary