Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Maintenance Technician provides maintenance and upkeep to the Tyndale physical building, furnishings, and grounds as a place for business, residence, and education in partnership with the Campus Facilities team. The Technician helps to ensure the day-to-day maintenance and operations of Tyndale’s campus.
Building Maintenance & Upkeep
- Work with the Campus Facilities team to ensure the completion of maintenance projects and Service Desk requests in compliance with the department’s and health & safety’s policies and procedures, e.g. painting, electrical, plumbing, repairs of furniture & walls, minor projects, locks and doors, custodial, etc.
- Assist manager with contractor liaison management on site.
- Ensure workshop is organized and clean; maintain equipment & tools.
- Complete Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preventive maintenance requests.
Events, Setups & Office Moves
- Work with the Campus Facilities team to complete regular, internal setups & resets and major event setups.
- Assist with crowd and parking control as necessary.
- Assist supervisor with scheduled offices moves and indoor & outdoor public furniture moves and furniture requests.
- Daily inspect and reset building furniture.
- Ensure walkways and entrances are safe during snow and ice conditions; provide snow-shoveling and salting, as necessary.
- Perform grass cutting, tree trimming, and branch removal as required.
- Provide seasonal gardening, as needed.
- Participate in property safety inspections.
Assist in security and First Aid/CPR response, fire drills & alarms, floods, power outages, etc.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
High School graduation (grade 12) or equivalent
2 to 3 years related experience
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use various hand tools
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Conducts oneself with professionalism and tact
- Flexible, with the ability to work with distractions and adjust to change
- Honest and dependable
- Positive and friendly
- Self-starter and team oriented
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
Physical and Mental Demands
- Exposure to heat and dust (boiler & mechanical rooms and workshop)
- General maintenance office environment and office equipment, as well as a general shop environment with various maintenance and mechanical tools
- Noise level from mechanical equipment
- PPE – required to wear steel-toed boots; other PPE including gloves, protective clothing, safety vests, safety glasses, hearing protection, and hardhats as needed.
- Significant amount of hands-on work and walking with the ability to lift 50 lbs and move furniture and/or equipment as required
Salary Range: $32,775 to $35,000
How to Apply
External candidates can apply for the position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates can apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.