Tyndale values music of all styles and encourages musicians to audition with musical selections that demonstrate their strengths and gifting. Your audition should consist of two-five minute selections, in any style that conveys your proficiency and musicianship. These selections should highlight your talents and allow the audition panel to see you in your best light.
Admission into the Music Department will be granted after a successful audition and successful completion and assessment of your Tyndale University application.
Dear Applicants to Tyndale’s Music Program,
We trust that you are well in this challenging time.
The Tyndale Music Department is currently accepting Video Auditions only for Winter 2021 for the BA in Music: Worship Arts and BA in Music Performance degree programs in place of Live auditions. Thank you for preparing your video audition for Tyndale as you look forward to better days ahead.
Here is how to submit a Video Audition:
- Submit your video audition recording. View instructions on video content requirements and how to submit your video recording
- Fill out the Music Audition Form online and submit it on the same day you submit your video file.
You may perform your video audition accompanied by an accompaniment track if you do not have someone in-house to accompany you. You may purchase a track for your song (for $0.99 or $1.29), from iTunes or any other music provider (search your song title plus the word “track” or “instrumental” or “karaoke”), or sing to a karaoke track from a karaoke system for your video audition submission.
All vocalists and guitarists must perform your audition accompanied.
Deadline for Video Audition submissions: December 15, 2020.
While video auditions for the Tyndale BA in Music program will be accepted from now until December for the Winter 2021 semester, applicants may submit their Video Audition earlier than the December due date for immediate consideration and potential early acceptance.
If you have already submitted your online audition, we thank you.
We look forward to hearing you!
Accompaniment Recommendations / Requirements
» Your audition must be performed with an accompanist on piano for live auditions.
» You may sing or play along with an accompaniment track or recording or may also use other musicians to accompany you for live auditions.
Video auditions must include the following:
- Prepare TWO CONTRASTING songs (Please note: Worship Arts Applicants must prepare 2 sacred songs, Performance Applicants may choose to prepare songs from other music genres), that demonstrate your strengths, abilities and musicianship
- Selections must be memorized and should reflect a variety of styles
- Introduce yourself (your full name)
- Introduce your two selections by name and composer
Be sure to dress in professional business attire for audition.
Video submissions should not exceed 12 minutes in total.
- Submit your video recording through YouTube, Vimeo or a similar online video service.
- Title of the video should be: “YOUR NAME - TYNDALE AUDITION”
- Send link to music [at] tyndale [dot] ca
- Fill out and submit your Online Music Audition Form
If Submitting via YouTube
- Under privacy settings, select “UNLISTED”
- Title with “YOUR NAME-TYNDALE AUDITION”