Tyndale values music of all styles and encourages musicians to audition with musical selections that demonstrate their strengths and gifting. Your audition should consist of two-five minute selections, in any style that conveys your proficiency and musicianship. These selections should highlight your talents and allow the audition panel to see you in your best light.
Admission into the Music Department will be granted after a successful audition and successful completion and assessment of your Tyndale University application. Please fill out the online Music Audition Form and be sure to submit it 3 days before the audition date.
Auditions for both streams (Performance or Worship Arts) will be held on the following dates:
|March 25||Chapel||7.30 pm to 9 pm|
|April 29||Chapel||6 pm to 8 pm|
Audition Sign Up
Live auditions are only 10 minutes.
International applicants and all applicants beyond 200km of Tyndale may submit a video audition for consideration.
Video auditions must include the following:
- Prepare TWO CONTRASTING songs (Please note: Worship Arts Applicants must prepare 2 sacred songs, Performance Applicants may choose to prepare songs from other music genres), that demonstrate your strengths, abilities and musicianship
- Selections must be memorized and should reflect a variety of styles
- Introduce yourself (your full name)
- Introduce your two selections by name and composer
Be sure to dress in professional business attire for audition.
Video submissions should not exceed 12 minutes in total.
- Submit your video recording through YouTube, Vimeo or a similar online video service.
- Title of the video should be: “YOUR NAME - TYNDALE AUDITION”
- Send link to music [at] tyndale [dot] ca
- Fill out and submit your Online Music Audition Form
If Submitting via YouTube
- Under privacy settings, select “UNLISTED”
- Title with “YOUR NAME-TYNDALE AUDITION”
Accompaniment Recommendations / Requirements
» Your audition must be performed with an accompanist on piano.
» You may sing or play along with an accompaniment track or recording or may also use other musicians to accompany you.