The Tyndale Community Choir (TCC), is an auditioned multi-generational, multi-cultural, multi-denominational Mass Choir and ministry group open to Christian singers throughout the GTA, as well as Tyndale students, staff and faculty. The choir enjoys singing engagements at various events on the Tyndale campus and throughout the city.
Rehearsals are every Thursday, 6:45–8:45pm on Tyndale’s campus. Tyndale University is located at 3377 Bayview Ave (south of Steeles Ave. on Bayview Ave.).
The choir’s season runs yearly with singing engagements from mid-September to mid-April. The choir breaks for special seasons and holidays and the spring/summer months from mid-April to mid-September. Throughout the year, the choir is invited to sing for concerts, banquets, church services, and community events and are the featured artists at Tyndale’s annual Christmas in the Chapel and Spring in the Chapel concerts. TCC maintains an average of 1 engagement per month, however new engagements are sometimes added to the schedule as the choir is requested.
Please note the following for your TCC audition:
- Prepare a solo song of your choice that demonstrates your vocal strengths and musicianship.
- You will be asked to perform a basic ear training and harmony exercise, demonstrating your aural skills.
- An accompanist will be provided for you. Please bring along with you any sheet music, chord charts or lead sheets for the provided accompanist.
- Your audition will be approximately 15 minutes long.
* Please note sight-reading is an asset in the choir, but is NOT required for membership.
Book your Audition today by emailing music [at] tyndale [dot] ca.