The General Ministries program prepares students for ministry in the local church, para-church organizations or missions. Discover how to integrate faith and learning in a meaningful and practical way as you study the Bible and explore how to become more effective in ministry and in the workplace.
Students in this program will learn how to:
- Be competent in the interpretation and application of Scripture.
- Be able to articulate doctrinal distinctives for themselves and others.
- Be familiar with the issues related to various aspects of ministry.
- Develop a biblically based philosophy of ministry.
- Have a passion for the church and a determination of giftedness to serve.
- Have a deep desire to study and teach God’s Word to others.
- Be able to contextualize and apply biblical material to contemporary issues.
- Be competent in hermeneutics of the Bible.
- Introduction to Christian Theology
- Educational History and Philosophy
- Ministry Today
- Principles and Practices of Teaching
- Seminar in Ministry
For a future career as a:
- Para-church Worker
- Senior or Associate Pastor
- Outreach Worker