General Admissions Requirements for MA Programs
Application Form and Supplements
Complete the application form and any required program supplements.
Two references are required. Your referees will be sent the link once you have submitted your application.
- Pastoral/Character Reference Form
- Academic/Employer Reference Form
Have completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college.
Program-Specific Admissions Requirements
There may also be additional admissions requirements for some MA programs. In addition to the general admissions requirements, MA applicants must meet the program-specific admissions requirements as well.
- Applicants must have completed a relevant undergraduate degree with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of four psychology courses in their undergraduate degree. The best four psychology courses must have an average GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Applicants must complete and submit the essay supplement.
- An interview with the program director is required. Interviews are scheduled in May.
- This program admits students in the fall semester only.
Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.3 or 67% or “C+”.
International Students Admissions Requirements
Applicants from outside Canada must meet the following admissions requirements in addition to general admissions requirements and program-specific requirements listed above.
Maintain Full-time Status
International students must be enrolled as full-time students throughout the entire program (9 to 15 credit hours or 3 to 5 courses in both the fall and winter semesters).
Health insurance is mandatory for all international students and their families
All international applicants are required to provide proof to the Tyndale Admissions Office that they have received a Study Permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
International applicants are required to submit a non-refundable application fee of $150.