Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The position of Student Admissions Representative (SAR) exists in order to improve the effectiveness of recruiting new students by providing exceptional customer service and completing administrative duties that support the efforts of the Tyndale University Admissions Office.
Assist the Admissions Office in recruitment of new students by:
- Positively representing Tyndale in a professional manner at all times
- Calling prospective Tyndale students to answer their questions and encourage them to apply
- Responding to emails sent and inquiries submitted by prospective students
- Entering student information into the Admissions Office’s database and CRM
- Preparing all mail to be sent out including acceptance packages and inquiry letters
Support the work of Admissions Counsellors by:
- Checking in with assigned Admissions Counsellor at the beginning of each shift to see if there are tasks to be completed
- Communicating with students within a geographic region with direction from the Admissions Counsellor
- Partaking in special projects the Admissions Counsellor requests
Provide support to the Admissions visit program by:
- Assisting the Admissions Coordinator with planning, preparation, and staffing of Admissions events
- Conducting tours of Tyndale’s campus
Post-secondary education; completed or in process
Customer service experience an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication skills, able to relate to prospective students and encourage their attendance at Tyndale
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organization and data-entry skills
- Must have the ability to learn and use a student contact database and CRM
- Be a self-motivated, “team player”
- Enthusiasm to share about own Tyndale experience to prospective students
- Must have a proven record of tact, diplomacy, and relational skills
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
Physical and Mental Demands
- Required to lift boxes of admissions material
- Weekly evening shifts
- Weekend hours may be required for some events
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
This position is for students only. Please refrain from applying if you are not a student returning to post-secondary education for the 2022-2023 Academic Year. External candidates can apply for the Student Admissions Representative position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates (current employees with active WFN accounts) can log in and apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.