When students describe Tyndale University, they often talk about the warm, community experience and relationships that are formed over spontaneous conversations, meals, Chapel and worship, sports and House competitions.
Tyndale is finalizing academic plans for the fall term, with the majority of undergraduate courses and activities returning to the in-person format. University officials continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and are following the advice of local, provincial and national health organizations to ensure the safety of Tyndale students, faculty, and staff.
- The majority of courses will be offered in person this fall.
- Several courses will be available exclusively Synchronous Online and Asynchronous Online. These courses are developed with the assistance of the Office of Distributed Learning to ensure that they are of high production quality.
- The Degree Completion Modular Program (DCP) will be Synchronous Online only, whereas the Degree Completion (DCP) – Chinese program will be delivered in person only.
Graduate and Seminary Students
- 22 in-person courses will be offered this fall. 16 of these will be exclusively in-person while six of these will also be offered Synchronous Online.
- In addition, 30 courses will be available exclusively Synchronous Online, with no in-person format offered.
- 14 courses will be offered Asynchronous Online.
- The MDiv Church in the City and Canadian Chinese School of Theology courses will be prioritized for in-person delivery.
For Undergraduate, Graduate and Seminary Students
- The Accessibility Services Office will assist students who are registered for academic accommodations, as required. This includes discussions around individual accommodations and the exploration of alternative course delivery formats.
- If a student who has enrolled for in-person courses becomes infected or needs to self-isolate, Tyndale will make reasonable accommodation in accordance with Tyndale’s absence policy.
- Locations on campus will be available to students who need to attend asynchronous and synchronous online courses, keeping in mind that students may have a mix of delivery formats on their timetable.
Tyndale’s residence will be open again this fall. Rooms will be single occupancy, with limited double occupancy options available upon request. The application for living in residence will be open soon.