Class Cancellation & Campus Closure Policy Notes
Deadlines for Class Cancellation:
If classes are to be cancelled, they will be cancelled prior to the following times:
- For 8:00am / 8:15am / 9:00am / 9:45am / 11:15am classes — Notifications posted by 6:15am
- For 12:30pm / 12:45pm / 1:00pm / 2:15pm classes — Notifications posted by 10:00am
- For 3:45pm / 4:00pm / 5:15pm classes — Notifications posted by 1:00pm
- For 6:00pm / 6:45pm classes — Notifications posted by 3:00pm
If the Tyndale website does not have a message saying that morning classes have been cancelled on it by 6:15am, then students and faculty may assume that morning classes are on.
Where Notifications will be Posted
- Tyndale Website — www.tyndale.ca/weather
- Facebook — Official Tyndale University and Tyndale Seminary Facebook pages.
- Twitter — Official @TyndaleU and @TyndaleSem Twitter accounts.
- Instagram — check the stories on the Official @TyndaleU and @TyndaleSem Instagram accounts.
- Commuter Hotline — Call (416) 226–6620 (press 8) for updates over the phone.
The Senior VP Administrative & Support Services will make final decision for campus closure. Normally, such action will be taken in conjunction with the decision to cancel classes.
“Campus Closure” means: classes are not held; meetings and other scheduled events are cancelled; scheduled examinations are cancelled and to be rescheduled; staff (other than those providing essential services) are not expected to be at work.
Campus closure notices will be posted in the same places as class cancellations. Employees may also call the Employee Hotline (416) 226–6620 ext. 7669 (“SNOW”) or check their Tyndale email for notifications.