Master of Divinity (MDiv)
Number of Courses:
| Time to Complete:
Pursue if you wish to prepare for ordained ministry or for general pastoral and religious leadership responsibilities in congregations and other settings.
The Master of Divinity is a three-year professional ministry degree that provides you with knowledge and skills to be an effective and holistic ministry leader. The MDiv blends academic study, mentored learning and practical experience in a comprehensive program that will prepare you for ordained ministry or for Christian leadership in its various forms.
MDiv students will acquire foundational preparation for ordained ministry and for Christian leadership in congregations and other settings. Students will:
- develop breadth of knowledge and critical understanding of the theological disciplines;
- acquire capacities for understanding and engaging the cultural, social, and global context of God’s mission in the world;
- experience personal and professional growth through a process of intellectual, spiritual and ministry formation;
- develop and hone skills for theologically reflective ministry practice in its various forms.
Academic and Applied
Our program is designed to give you a full experience by completing academic courses as well as gaining applied training. The combination of classroom and on-the-field experience will give you the knowledge and skills you need for the future.
Flexible and Adaptable
Tyndale offers you day, evening, weekend, and online courses for part-time and full-time studies. You are able to customize your schedule to fit your current needs to maintain workplace, ministry, or familial responsibilities. Learn more about your flexible study options.
Seminary Degree and Diploma Options
* Program durations are based on a traditional, full-time course load of nine courses per year. Program may be completed part-time over a longer period of time.
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Education and Discipleship
- Church in the City
- Global Mission and Intercultural Studies
- Pastoral Ministry
- Pastoral Thanatology
- Spiritual Formation
- Studies in Mandarin (CCST)
- Theological Studies
- Youth and Family Ministry