Doctor of Ministry (DMin)
Number of Courses:
| Time to Complete:
Pursue if you have completed an MDiv or equivalent, engaged in ministry and wish to further develop your skills.
The Doctor of Ministry (DMin) program is designed to enhance your spiritual, intellectual and professional abilities in Christian ministry. You will learn how to combine academic research, spiritual formation and applied ministry strategies in this 3-year, in-ministry program. Join a collaborative, peer-to-peer learning environment. You will experience personal, professional and spiritual growth leading to a greater effectiveness in ministry. This Doctor of Ministry degree will help equip you to navigate the complexities of life and ministry in the 21st century church.
The vibrancy of the church in Canada and the world depends on effective leaders in all areas of ministry. Tyndale’s Doctor of Ministry (DMin) program is designed to improve your capacity and depth in your God-given vocation.
The program seeks to provide candidates with a collegial, academic and professional milieu in which you will advance your understanding of the nature, purposes, and practice of ministry; enhance your leadership and formational competencies in discernment, theological reflection, and in-ministry research; gain opportunities for personal and spiritual growth.
DMin Areas of Focus
- Leadership Focuses on improving leadership capacity to understand systems, manage change, and develop as an organization.
- Spiritual Formation Focuses on experiencing personal spiritual growth, understanding the dynamics of spirituality, and facilitating the spiritual formation of others.
- Preaching Attends to your spiritual and character growth to aid you in being proficient in the theory and practice of preaching.
- Non-Profit Organizational Leadership Focuses on Organizational Leadership specifically for non-profit Christian organizations from multiple sectors (international development, missions, denominational, para-church etc.).
Tyndale University is authorized by the province of Ontario, Canada, to confer the Doctor of Ministry degree (Ontario Legislature Bill PR21, 2003). The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS), the primary accrediting body for seminaries in North America, has approved the offering of the DMin program at Tyndale. The school participates in periodic reviews as part of the process of maintaining the accreditation of its degree programs. View full accreditation information.
Other Degree and Diploma OptionsMaster of Divinity (MDiv)
Master of Theological Studies (MTS)
Master of Theology (ThM)
* Program durations are based on a traditional, full-time course load of nine courses per year. Program may be completed part-time over a longer period of time.