Master of Theological Studies (MTS)
Number of Courses:
| Time to Complete:
Pursue if you are seeking a foundational graduate degree that can be utilized in a wide range of professional and ministerial contexts.
The Master of Theological Studies is a two-year graduate degree that helps you understand the biblical, theological and historical foundations of the Christian faith. The MTS is a flexible program that can be tailored to meet your learning and ministry interests, or help you prepare for further studies. Students may select electives from across the curriculum, or use them to focus their studies in a chosen concentration.
Students completing the MTS program will acquire a broad understanding of the theological disciplines for Christian faith and practice. Students will:
- gain theological understanding and insight through study of the heritage of Christian scripture, history, theology and ministry;
- develop aptitudes for thinking critically, theologically and biblically in relation to faith, vocation and ministry;
- acquire critical awareness of God’s mission in the world in its social, cultural and global contexts;
- demonstrate depth of understanding in a particular field (for those opting to concentrate in an area of study).
You can complete the entire Master of Theological Studies online.
Seminary Degree and Diploma Options
* Program durations are based on a traditional, full-time course load of nine courses per year. Program may be completed part-time over a longer period of time.