U.S. Federal Student Aid

Tyndale University is a recognized institution with the United States Department of Education. American students are eligible to apply for U.S. Direct Loans under the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program offered by the U.S. Department of Education.

Important Information

  • Tyndale University's school code is: G22164
  • Students studying outside of the United States are not eligible for Pell Grants
  • Students who are dual citizens of US and Canada cannot receive government student funding from more than one country per year.
  • In response to the current situation with COVID-19, the United States Congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) which permits eligible programs at a foreign institution (i.e. Tyndale University) to be offered via distance education during a public health emergency. Tyndale may offer eligible programs through distance education for the duration of the emergency and for the following semester that begins after the emergency ends.


Types of Direct Loans Available

Visit the Federal Student Aid (FSA) website for information about Direct Loans. We use the lender IEFC for all Direct Loans.

Eligible Programs

American students who are receiving Direct Loans are prohibited from taking directed reading & research (DRR) courses, directed study (DS) courses, theses, live steam courses, online courses, and hybrid courses as either core or elective options.

Tyndale offers a variety of programs approved for Direct Loan funding. Most programs at Tyndale University do not require any online courses.

The following programs are not be eligible for the Direct Loan Program – they require enrollment in a directed reading & research (DRR) course, directed study (DS) course, thesis, live stream course, online course, or a hybrid course.

  • Master of Theology (ThM)
  • Master of Theological Studies (MTS) - Indigenous Studies
  • Master of Theological Studies (MTS) - Salvation Army Studies
  • Graduate Diploma (all majors)
  • Doctor of Ministry (DMin) (all streams)
  • Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Human Services - Early Childhood Education Track
  • Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Human Services - Social Service Work Track
  • Bachelor of Education (BEd)
  • Certificate in Christian Studies

Please speak with an admissions counselor about your program options.

U.S. Federal Regulations

Questions regarding the Application Process

If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact refer to studentloans.gov or contact the student inquires line at 1-800-4-FED-AID (800 433-3243).