As the whole country continues to deal with issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Tyndale remains committed to ensuring the health and welfare of our community. Equally important is our commitment to deliver on our core educational mission, ensuring students have the ability to complete their term.
We know members of our community are concerned. Measures to protect the health of our community have already been put into effect. We continue to follow the advice and directives of Ontario Health, who are constantly making decisions as new information and circumstances arise. Tyndale continues to revise its measures and responses.
In addition to the previous announcements, the following decisions are now in effect:
- Classes will resume on Wednesday, March 18 at their usually scheduled times through alternative delivery methods. No in-person classes will be held for the remainder of the semester.
- Final exams will be given in an alternative format and will not meet in-person.
- All on-campus events scheduled until May 30 are cancelled.
- Graduation ceremonies scheduled for May will be moved to the fall.
- Tyndale university operations continue and the campus remains open.
- The library remains open to access resource materials. It will not be available as a study space. Visit www.tyndale.ca/library for details.
- Except for international and out of province students who are unable to return home, all students living in residence are required to move out by Friday, March 20.
- The Henderson Fitness Centre is now closed.
- Worship and seeking God together are hallmarks of our community. The weekly Tuesday Community Chapel will be available by live stream.
Student services will continue to be available, however, an increased number of staff will be working remotely. Tyndale continues to balance the need to serve students and resolving technical issues that prevent all staff from working remotely.
The Critical Incident Protocol Team continues to meet regularly. This team is monitoring and continues to evaluate the situation on a daily basis. Further updates will sent by email and posted here.