As the Fall semester gets underway, Tyndale sends a heartfelt welcome to all new and returning students! With new faculty joining us and new programs available this term, we continue to strive to ensure that students have a broad range of expertise to draw from and expanded options for their future career paths. We look forward to seeing everyone as classes begin!
With the change of seasons around the corner, we take a moment to reflect on all the summer activities around campus, including the following:
- Ongoing seminary courses offered year round in a variety of online and in-class formats. Several university college courses were also available.
- Impact200 marked the cultural, social, economic and spiritual progress in recent Chinese history that Christian education helped expand. Robert Morrison established the first Christian school in Hong Kong, called the Ying Wa College, formerly Anglo-Chinese College, 200 years ago. A special performance from the Ying Wa College Choir, along with a banquet, commemorated this special event.
- Prof. Paul Burford’s Film and Faith course had special guest and two-time Oscar-winning Film Director Roger Christian present his film “Joseph and Mary.” The film was shot in North Bay, which had been made to look realistically like Palestine from the Biblical era. Mr. Christian also spoke on his famed experience in Art Design on the movie “Star Wars”. Course participants and audience members had a rare treat in being photographed with Mr. Christian with his own Light Sabre from the original film.
- The Tyndale Leadership Centre in partnership with the Worship Project hosted a city-wide night of worship in the Chapel. Ministry teams, churches and individuals came from around the city to worship together with guest speaker Pastor Samuel Williams from Avenue Community Church.
- The campus was also abuzz with children’s sports camps (such as Toronto Athletic Camps and the Willowdale Soccer League) taking advantage of the field for their summer programs.