Tyndale Seminary welcomes applicants with Christian commitment who desire to further their studies and gain new levels of academic, professional and ministerial expertise within a vibrant community of faith and learning.
To be admitted, you need to:
- Complete the application form (including a $150 CAD non-refundable application fee), medical form and any required program supplements
- Submit two references
- Have a completed baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college with the following requirements:
|Degree Required||GPA Required|
|Graduate Diploma, MTS, MDiv||Bachelor degree or equivalent||C+ or 67% or 2.3 on 4.0 scale|
|ThM||MDiv/MTS or equivalent||
B+ or 77% or 3.3 on a 4.0 scale in Bible,
Theology, and Church History courses
|DMin||Master of Divinity or eqivalent||B or 73% or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, plus three years of ministry experience after the first graduate degree|
Please note that meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Applicants whose first language is not English, or who have not studied for three years in an English speaking secondary or post-secondary institution (where English is the language of instruction and examinations are in English) must submit proof of English language proficiency by supplying their scores/results of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Applicants who are not residents of Canada at the time of application must arrange to take the TOEFL/TWE or IELTS in the country from which they are applying. Tyndale’s TOEFL institution code is 0532.
Minimum scores: IELTS: 6.5, TOEFL (iBT): 90
An interview may also be required at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
Tuition and Fees
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student (9 to 15 credit hours or 3 to 5 courses in both the fall and winter semesters).
- You must give satisfactory evidence of sufficient financial resources to meet the standards of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) when applying for the study permit.
- Health insurance is mandatory for you and your family as the Ontario government will not provide medical coverage.
- You will automatically be enrolled in Tyndale’s health insurance plan provided by Guard Me Canada. Pricing can be obtained from the Admissions Office.
- You must email registration [at] tyndale [dot] ca at least one week prior to departure to have insurance coverage during your flight and once you arrive in Canada.
- If you are a DMin and Post-DMin Certificate student, you must provide proof of travel insurance during residency to the Office of the Registrar.