DMin Degree Admissions Requirements
Master of Divinity degree (MDiv) or equivalent (master’s degree and sufficient breadth and depth of theological, Biblical, and ministry courses) from an accredited institution with a minimum B average.
- Applicants without an MDiv, but with another master’s degree, are welcome to inquire about admission. Transcripts will be assessed on an individual basis to evaluate MDiv educational equivalency. We will formulate a customized preparatory study path to enable you to address any deficiencies and meet requirements.
- Three years of ministry experience following MDiv
- Current ministry position
- Basic computer and internet skills
Written Personal Statement (5 - 7 double-spaced pages), outlining:
- Key milestones in your spiritual and vocational journey
- Description of your current ministry context
- Your reasons for applying (including specific ways in which you hope to grow and develop)
- Your goals and visions for the future
- Your research interests or key ministry questions you are interested in exploring
- Examples of your recent relevant reading and ongoing professional development
- Official transcripts from prior degrees
- Resume including details of educational and ministerial background
- Two letters of reference (one academic reference regarding your capacity for doctoral study and one professional/character reference)
- Letter of support/endorsement from your current ministry context
- Requirements for International applicants
Post-DMin Certificate Admissions Requirements
The Post-DMin Certificate is designed for people who already have a DMin but want to take additional courses as continued education.
- Prospective students need to have a GPA of 3.0 or higher for their doctoral degree.
- DMin transcript and 2 reference letters are also required (one from their supervisor/manager and one from the DMin Director/professor where they took their DMin).