What happens at an intake appointment?
During the first session, each student will normally meet with an Intake Counsellor for a 45-minute introductory conversation where they will get to know more about you, your background and about your reasons for coming to Counselling Services. This intake session allows us to:
- Determine if our services are a good match for your needs.
- Establish together which counsellor might be the best 'fit' for you and book the first appointment.
- Provide you with helpful resources and information in going forward.
If you have previously been to Tyndale Counselling Services and are a returning client, you may be asked to make another intake appointment (re-intake).
What should I do to prepare for my intake appointment?
1. Fill out the Client Intake form to the best of your ability and email it to the Coordinator prior to your scheduled appointment.
2. Read Tyndale Counselling Services Disclosure Information.