Tyndale IT Support is the central point of contact for addressing all computer, network, audio-visual, and telephone related issues.
Reaching IT Support
HelpDesk Request (Preferred method. Recommended where possible):
- The HelpDesk is designed to track all support requests using a unique identifier that is assigned when a HelpDesk Request is submitted.
- To submit a HelpDesk request go to: http://helpdesk.tyndale.ca
- When submitting a HelpDesk Request please make it a point to provide as much information as possible (e.g. name of application and/or type of hardware, error message or procedure not functioning as planned, the action that led to the error; action taken to resolve the problem, etc.)
- To check the status of your helpdesk request please go to the HelpDesk Request page, log in and click on History.
- Students may request for assistance by sending an e-mail to StudentITHelp [at] tyndale [dot] ca
- Employees may request for assistance by sending an e-mail to tyndaleit [at] tyndale [dot] ca (subject: Requesting%20IT%20Support) or ithelp [at] tyndale [dot] ca
- 416 226 6620 Ext: HELP (4357)
- Room E412
*If you submit a support request by e-mail, phone or personal visit, for tracking purposes you may be asked to submit a HelpDesk Request online. IT Support may also submit a HelpDesk Request on your behalf.
For Immediate On-Site Assistance
If you need immediate on-site assistance and are unable to reach IT Support by phone, please contact Reception (at Extension 0) who will page IT Support Staff for assistance.
To report an urgent IT-related matter
Call the Tyndale HELP Extension (Ext. 4357) and press 3 for IT Support. If you do not receive a response, press 5 during the voice mail greeting and you will be directed to the cell phone of the Network Administrator.
Hours of Operation
On-Site Technical Support will be available during these hours
|Normal Business Hours:||Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|After Hours [Mon-Thurs]*:||5:00 PM to 8:00PM|
|Weekends and Holidays:||8:00 AM to 10:00 AM [Event Contingent]|
*Note: Hours of support shown above are for the Fall and Winter semesters during regular class periods. Hours will change for Reading Week, Intersession Terms and the Summer Semester. Any change in hours will be announced on http://www.tyndale.ca/IT.
IT Support Acknowledgement and Response Times
In all cases IT Support will endeavour to acknowledge and respond to support requests as soon as possible but not later than the times indicated below.
Time taken for resolving the problem will depend upon the nature and complexity of the problem.
|Type of IT Service||Time to Acknowledge||Time to Respond|
||Within 2 business hours||Within 4 business hours|
||Within 4 business hours||Within 1 business day|
||Within 1 business day||Within 2 business days|
Situations in which IT Support may not be able to acknowledge/respond as indicated above:
- IT issues caused by external factors such as electricity outage or outage at the Internet Service Provider
- During the first two weeks of school, exam periods and in other high volume weeks response times may be longer than normal. IT Support will inform you in such cases.
- During scheduled downtime for maintenance or unexpected outages. In such cases the IT Department will send out campus-wide emails.
Expiry of Requests
IT Support may at times request for additional information from you to resolve a request. If IT Support requests for additional information/clarification on the nature of a reported problem and does not receive a response within 10 business days, the HelpDesk Request will be closed.
Your feedback is important
To continually improve the quality of IT Support at Tyndale, the IT Department has established performance indicators and actively seek your feedback. You are encouraged to provide anonymous feedback regarding Tyndale IT Support Services at any time by responding to IT Feedback Surveys. You also have the following options:
- Contact the IT Director at Ext. 2723
- Call the Tyndale HELP Extension (4357) and select Option 8 to leave a voicemail for the Chief Operating Officer.
Performance indicators are monitored and reported to the Tyndale Operations Committee.