Is a Printer Running Low On Paper Or Toner?
Please fill out this form to let IT know if a printer is running low on supplies and we will refill and restock the printer and cabinet ASAP.
All Tyndale printers have the following associated costs with printing and scanning:
- Black & white printing/copying $0.08/page
- Colour printing/copying $0.35/page
- Scanning to email $0.00/page
What Is PrintAnywhere
PrintAnywhere is a print queue that allows print jobs to be released and printed at any one of several printers within the campus. The PrintAnywhere functionality is primarily designed for Student use however; it can also be used by Staff & Faculty. PrintAnywhere allows you to send a document for printing and access it from any printer apart from the 3 Fiery printers (See Below). By default, the PrintAnywhere print queue will be installed on all computers in the Computer Lab, Main Library & the ABBA Resource Centre.
How To Print With PrintAnywhere
- You must be using a Tyndale Computer to use PrintAnywhere (Library, Computer Labs, Classrooms)
- Open your application and/or document
- Initiate a print (typically File > Print or CTRL + P)
- From the list of printers select PrintAnywhere
- Select Printer Properties if you need to select any options such as colour or double sided
- Select the Print button
- Select Accept to proceed with the print job
- The print job is now waiting in the PrintAnywhere queue
Tyndale printers are available to all staff and students with either a student ID card or staff key fob. The first time you log into the printer, you will need to tap your card at the tap point, the printer will then have you enter your Tyndale username and password and will associate your printing account to your card. After this point you can now tap your card and be logged in without entering your username and password.
If you have forgotten your card at home you also have the option of entering your username and password to login without tapping your card.
If you have a Tyndale-owned device, you can select any of the following printers to print to in the "Print" options of your application:
Fiery_PrintAnywhere is for the two large printers, located at B301A and F402B. KM_PrintAnywhere and PrintAnywhere work for all other printers. After sending a print job to a print queue, you can release it on the device by either selecting Print All or Print Release and selecting which prints you would like to make, which will then be printed.
For non-Tyndale devices, you can continue to use the Web Print feature at print.tyndale.ca to print only PDF files using the same rules as above. You will be required to login with your Tyndale login and have the appropriate amount of funds loaded before the job can be released.
After logging in to print.tyndale.ca, click Add Credit on the left side of the screen. Here you can add credit by payments through a PayPal account. First select the amount you wish to deposit from the drop down, and click Add Value to be redirected to PayPal's payment page. You may also pay in person at the Tyndale Library.
Printing With Web Print
Once you have funds loaded on your account, click Web Print on the left side of the screen. Here you can submit your jobs for print by clicking Submit a Job. All files printed through web print must be PDF format.
When you scan documents on Tyndale printers, the document will be sent to you via email and show up in your student email at webmail.mytyndale.ca. Please follow these steps to scan to your email:
1. Sign into the printer (with your student card, staff fob, or username and password)
2. Select Scan on the landing page
3. Select Scan to Email
4. Select your scan options, such as file name (1), scan settings (2), check Addition Pages (3) if it's more than one page of scanning, and then press Start (4)
- The QEW Seminary printer located in B302.
- The DVP Undergrad Office printer located in F402B.
- The Gardiner Admissions Dept. printer located in F315.
PrintAnywhere Printers Accessible to Students
- The McCowan Library printer located in CH226.
- The Woodbine B.Ed Admin Area printer located in Outside A321.
- The Kennedy Library printer located in CH217.
- The Don Mills Education Library printer located in A206.
PrintAnywhere Printers Not Accessible to Students
- The Lawrence Counselling printer located in B516A.
- The Sheppard Registration printer located in E302.
- The Bay Business Office printer located in E404.
- The Bathurst Reception printer located in CH302.
- The Danforth Presidents Office printer located in CH401.
- The Bloor Campus Services printer located in CH312A.
- The Dundas Bookstore Workroom printer located in D308.
- The Leslie Library Staff Room printer located in C203.
Having trouble locating a printer? View the campus map to find one closest to you.