If you are experiencing an issue with Microsoft Teams, try these fixes:
- Restart your device
- Try uninstalling and re-installing Microsoft Teams if using the desktop version
- Try a different version of Microsoft Teams
Make sure you are logged into your Tyndale account
- Click the profile icon on the top-right of Microsoft Teams, make sure you are logged into your @mytyndale.ca or @tyndale.ca account.
- If not, sign out, close the Teams window, and sign in again.
Test your audio and video settings ahead of time
- Click on your profile picture, go to Settings and then the Devices tab, make sure you have a camera and/or microphone selected from the dropdown box, and click Make a test call to test your selected settings. Make sure your voice can be heard and/or your camera is displaying properly.
Make sure you are in the Chat tab to avoid missing messages
- Microsoft Teams does not start in the Chat tab on first use, make sure to go there and check that you have not already received any messages.
- If using a VPN (Virtual private Network), make sure it is turned off before making a call on Microsoft Teams
(Mac) Make sure Microsoft Teams has permission to access your camera and microphone
Your first login should prompt you to give permission to your camera/microphone/screen, but if not try the following:
- In the top left of your desktop, go to the Apple Menu, then select System Preferences
- Click the “Security & Privacy” icon
- Click the “Privacy” tab
- Click the little padlock in the bottom left (if necessary)
- Go through the “Accessibility,” “Camera,” “Microphone,” and “Screen Recording” tabs and check the “Microsoft Teams” boxes
- Close. Logout/exit Teams. Reopen and then try again.
- Your first login should prompt you to give permission to your camera/microphone/screen, but if not try the following:
Error: “To re-enable the application the tab needs to be refreshed.”
Google Chrome (Note: This will log you out of ALL websites where you have automatic login enabled)
- Click the “More” button (3 dots in the top right corner)
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data
- Choose “All time” for time range
- Check the “cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” boxes
- Click Clear data
- Close your browser
- Go to “Safari Preferences”
- Uncheck the option next to “Prevent cross-site tracking”
- Logout, close browser, and log back in
- Google Chrome (Note: This will log you out of ALL websites where you have automatic login enabled)