The Doctor of Ministry track in Spiritual Formation equips pastors, Christian educators, spiritual directors, small group leaders, counsellors and others to nurture individual and corporate lives with God. You will learn in an environment that furthers your own transformation helping you to overflow into the lives of others.
DMin students in the Spiritual Formation track participate in multi-day, retreat-styled residencies twice a year for three years. These include times of teaching, worship, communal meals and prayer throughout the day and evening. Students stay in the Tyndale residence or a retreat centre for the duration of these retreats.
Breadth and Depth
You will explore the field of spirituality and learn how to apply principles to spiritual formation in your own life and in your ministry context. The program will expand and deepen both your understanding and your practice of Christian Formation by drawing upon insights from disciplines such as Biblical and systematic theology, psychology, church history, sociology and philosophy.
|Year A Residencies||Year B Residencies||Year C Residencies|
Aug 12-24, 2018 and
Feb 24 - Mar 1, 2019
Jun 16-28, 2019 and
Jan 26-31, 2020
Jun 14-26, 2020 and
Jan 24-29, 2021
Residencies start on Sunday at 5pm. In 2018-2019, residencies are the second and third full weeks of August and the week including the last Monday of February. In 2019-2020 and onwards, residencies are the last two full weeks of June and the last week of January.
- DMSF 0901: Listening to God: Discernment for Spiritual Formation *
- DMSF 0902: Spiritual Formation: A Historical and Practical Approach *
- DMSF 0911: Space for God: Personalizing Sacred Practices **
- DMSF 0941: Spiritual Autobiography: The Ways of the Spirit in a Life **
- DMSF 0903: Desiring God: Sacred Paths and Spiritual Mentors *
- DMSF 0905: Engaging Scriptures: Spiritual Formation for Information and Transformation *
- DMSF 0912: Nurturing Spirituality: A Lifestyle of Mentoring, Discipleship and Spiritual Direction **
- DMSF 0942: Developing a Model of Spiritual Formation: Ministry Project **
- DMSF 0904: Formational Prayer: The Journey to Wholeness *
- DMSF 0930: Special Topics in Spiritual Formation **
- DMSF 0943: Spiritual Formation Action Research Project *
- DMSF 0947: Integration: Research Portfolio and Hearing **
* includes summer residency
** includes winter residency
Dr. David Sherbino
Professor of Spirituality and Pastoral Ministry
View Faculty Bio | dsherb [at] tyndale [dot] ca | 416.226.6620 ext. 6741
Download the DMin Prospectus (PDF)
Download a detailed overview of the DMin program.
The vibrancy of the church in Canada and the world depends to a significant extent on effective leaders and ministers. Tyndale’s Doctor of Ministry program is designed to improve your capacity and contribution in your God-given vocation.Download DMin Prospectus (PDF)