“Spiritual formation is a process of being conformed to the image of Christ for the sake of others” (Dr. Robert Mulholland)
Spiritual formation is ongoing, a journey back to God and greater intimacy with God. It is not a simple “fix” to become who God designed us to be. Being transformed into Christlikeness includes the Word of God, prayer, discernment in our life choices, healing, commitment to community and above all learning to love and experience God. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.” (Matt. 22: 37-38)
In order for our development not to become self-centered, authentic spiritual formation will always be for the sake of others. This is the essence of love summarized by Christ in the second great commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matt 18: 39-40) The Spiritual Formation Certificate is offered to help you live in such a way that God is glorified in your life.
Time: Saturdays 9:00am - 3:00pm
Location: Tyndale University College & Seminary
3377 Bayview Ave, Toronto ON M2M 3S4
Map of Tyndale's location
Cost: To be announced.
Certificate: A minimum of six modules are required to graduate from the program, however, all seven are recommended. Upon completion participants will receive a certificate of completion.
- Module One: Introduction to Spiritual Formation: Knowing God, Knowing Myself
- Module Two: Prayer Paths to God
- Module Three: Faith, Art and Healing
- Module Four: Healing Prayer
- Module Five: Partnering with God in the Spiritual Formation of Children and Youth
- Module Six: Meditative Interlude: Engagement with God’s Word
- Module Seven: Rhythms of Life