Tyndale Spiritual Formation Certificate 2020- 2021 offers 7 modules, beginning September 19, 2020 running through April 17, 2021. A minimum of 6 modules are required to receive a certificate of completion. However, all 7 are recommended.
As Tyndale Seminary’s programs have had to move online due to the pandemic, the Spiritual Formation Centre Certificate Programs are no exception. Although the in-person classroom is the preferred experience, the online curriculum for this certificate program module promises to be truly immersive. While maintaining important elements of community through live streaming, conversations will be enhanced by independent study in preparation for each session. Online programming will also offer the opportunity for others to participate who would have otherwise not been able to do to distance and time restrictions. The platform for the live streaming will be Zoom. Once registered and closer to the date, details concerning the format of the module and Zoom link will be sent to you.
$125.00 per module. Tyndale full-time student, staff and alumni can receive a 10% discount. You will need to email the Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre at tsfc [at] tyndale [dot] ca to receive a discount code before registering online.
What is Spiritual Formation?
Spiritual formation is an ongoing journey to greater intimacy with God. Being transformed into Christlikeness includes the Word of God, prayer, discernment in our life choices, healing, commitment to community and above all learning to love and experience God. (See Matt. 22: 37-38)
In order for our development not to become self-centered, authentic spiritual formation will always be for the sake of others. This is the essence of love summarized by Christ in the second great commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matt 18: 39-40). The Spiritual Formation Certificate is offered to help you live in such a way that God is glorified in your life.
- Module 1 - Spiritual Disciplines: A Formational Roadmap (completed)
- Module 2 - Our Healing Journey: Transformation and Inner Renewal (completed)
- Module 3 - Spiritual Memoir: Formative Points in Our Graced History (completed)
- Module 4 - Soul Companions: Developing a Hospitality of the Other (completed)
- Module 5 - Spiritual Discernment: Stepping into God's Will (completed)
- Module 6 - Social Transformation: The Practice of Community Compassion
- Module 7 - Prayer Practices: Navigating the Labyrinth