Social media is a public way to live out our calling to share the gospel. This publicity has many positives, though it does come with its negatives if users do not apply the same courteousness as they would in a face-to-face conversation. By engaging with Tyndale’s social media accounts (by way of responding or commenting on any of our posts), you agree to follow our Social Media Community Guidelines.
Comments posted on our content are by the general public, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Tyndale as an institution.
- Be kind – Treat others how you wish to be treated. Consider your tone when engaging with the community.
- Take responsibility – No one else is responsible for what you choose to post, other than yourself. Media shared online may be permanent. Think before you post.
Comments must not:
- Contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, contain offensive language, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence.
- Disagree respectfully - Considerate debate is welcomed in our community, and we understand that differences of opinion will occur. This being said; personal attacks (on authors, moderators, other users, or any person), trolling, and/or abuse will not be tolerated.
- Refrain from including personal information such as your address or phone number in your comment. Tyndale accepts no responsibility for its use by third parties.
If our social media community guidelines are breached, Tyndale’s Marketing & Communications team may take action. This may include deleting comments, blocking users, or reporting comments as inappropriate.
We reserve the right to hide or delete comments made on our channels, as well as block users who do not follow these guidelines.
We also reserve the right to send any comments we deem appropriate to law enforcement authorities for investigation as we feel necessary or is required by law.
Please marketing [at] tyndale [dot] ca (contact the Tyndale Marketing & Communications team) if you have any questions or concerns, or if you believe a comment is inappropriate or suspicious.