Intersession FAQ

Q: What is Intersession?

Every January (usually the week before the Winter semester starts), Tyndale Seminary offers a series of one-week intensive courses for credit or audit. All the courses offered during Intersession have the same academic standing as those offered in the regular semesters. The classes usually run from Monday to Friday (sometimes Tuesday to Saturday), 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Besides attending all classes, students are required to complete all the course work within the next 2 months. In addition to this one course in January, students may take up to four courses in the Winter semester.

Q: How do I register for a course?

Current students may register online or use the paper Winter Registration form for any Intersession course or with other courses in the Winter semester. Visiting students should contact the Admissions Office before registering.

The same tuition and general academic policies apply to all Intersession courses. The current tuition per course is C$1,440 for credit and C$400 for audit. Details are available on Registrar's web page, or contact the Office of the Registrar's by phone at 416.226.6620 ext. 6711 or email (registration [at] tyndale [dot] ca) for all registration related matters. 

† Prices subject to change — please refer to the Seminary & Graduate Tuition & Fees page for current cost.

Q. Where can I get a syllabus?

A. All syllabi can be downloaded from the Syllabi webpage as they become available.

Q. Where do I hand in my papers?

A. If you are taking a course with a visiting professor, make sure you clarify with him/her about the method of assignment submission, if it is not mentioned in the course syllabus. Make sure you use your email account to submit any assignments so that the school has a record in the system. If you want to receive your paper back after it has been marked, be sure to arrange it with your professor. Methods may include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your submission.

Q. Can I use a Tyndale Intersession course towards my degree at another school?

A. Students registered at another graduate theological institution are eligible to take courses at Tyndale Seminary provided that they submit a Letter of Permission from their home institution. Students should submit the syllabus to the Registrar of their home institution who, in turn, will decide whether the course is appropriately transferable.