We know the value of cooperation here at Writing and Tutoring Services. After all, we partner with students every day, helping you with your assignments and class prep. But sometimes we just don't have all the answers. When that happens, we turn to the websites below. Know of a great writing or tutoring resource not listed here? Let us know about it by emailing academictutoring [at] tyndale [dot] ca.
Each department of the CAE has its own resource section. For more information on mental health and accessibility, check out our Accessibility Resources. For study guides and other academic resources, check out our Academic Advising Resources. And for tip sheets to get you started towards your dream career, check out our Career Services Resources.
Writing and Tutoring Services also has a number of video resources on classes.tyndale.ca. Simply log-in to your student account and click on the "Student Resources" or "Academic Integrity Module" tabs.
Tyndale has plenty of departments, resources, and online modules designed to make your life as a student easier. Here are just a sample of those resources:
While our Citation Tip Sheets cover the basics for each main citation style, there's always more to learn. In addition to providing citation examples for more uncommon sources, the websites below also clarify the distinguishing features of each style.
Are you looking for resources to help you practice your English reading, writing, and grammar skills? Then look no further. The sites below have all kinds of English lessons and quizzes to help you better speak and write the language.
- Oxford Learner's Dictionary - A dictionary, but it can also tell you what verbs, adverbs, and prepositions usually go with that word.
- EF (Education First) - Resources for Learning English - Gives info and tests on English grammar, vocabulary, and idioms.
- Dave's ESL Café - Has grammar lessons, quizzes, and a help centre for specific questions.
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant - Focused more on the style of North American academic writing.
- Guide to Grammar - Various tips and quizzes about writing and grammar.
- Using English - More English quizzes. This site is particularly helpful for reading comprehension exercises.
Grammar is what gives your sentences structure, so it never hurts to learn or refresh your memory on the basics. Check out these guides and videos to do just that.
Good writing isn't just about spelling and grammar; it's about communicating ideas clearly and effectively. If you're looking for ways to improve your paragraphs and your papers as a whole, these are some great places to start.
Need some study tips? Not sure how long you should spend on your assignments? Struggling to figure out how you learn? If you need help with studying and managing your assignments, then give these sites a look.
Looking to take this information with you in a short, convenient, and printable form? Then look no further than our Tip Sheets page, where you'll find all kinds of useful PDFs with even more writing and tutoring support.