WC Online is the online booking service for Writing and Tutoring Services and Academic Advising and Career Services. Appointments with these services are available to all currently active Tyndale students. If this is your first time booking with us, please read on for booking instructions. Otherwise, you can book now.
1) Log into classes.tyndale.ca. Select the “Appointments” button inside the “Writing & Tutoring Services/ Academic Advising & Career Services” box on your dashboard.
2) You will see a section for “Writing and Tutoring Services” and a section for “Academic Advising and Career Services.” Click the “Book an Appointment” button for the type of appointment you are looking for. NOTE: If these buttons do not appear for you, contact us at the provided email addresses.
3) Use the weekly calendar. Once logged in, you will be able to book your appointment with a Writing and Tutoring Services Consultant or with Academic Advising and Career Services. (NOTE: If this is your first time accessing WC Online, you will have to complete a short registration form before you can book).
Navigate between service calendars by selecting the correct department in the “Schedules” drop-down in the top menu.
4) Select which week you want to book. Use the “Current Week”, “Previous Week”, or “Next Week” buttons to see what times and dates are available to book each week. The small calendar beside “Next Week” can also be used for faster navigation. (NOTE: Students may book appointments up to 4 weeks in advance. The calendar will begin on the current date by default).
5) Narrow what appointment availabilities are shown by using the three “Display Options” dropdowns. You can narrow by which Consultant you want to work with, whether you want a Writing Consultation or Tutoring appointment, and whether you want a Face-to-Face or Teams Video Call appointment.
6) Select an open (white) time slot. Grey slots are unavailable and blue slots are already booked. Please note that appointments must be booked at least twelve hours in advance of the appointment start time.
7) Complete the "Create New Appointment" form that opens when you click an open timeslot. First, confirm the time range. For 30-minute appointments, you can leave the time frame as is. But for 1-hour appointments (recommended), select the correct end time from the dropdown. You can also read the Consultants profile here.
Then, fill out the rest of the form so your consultant will be better prepared to assist you. Let us know your course information, assignment instructions, citation style, and kind of support desired. You can also attach a document to review with your Consultant (recommended). Click the “Create Appointment” button to finalize your booking.
You will know that your appointment has been booked properly because the open time slot you previously selected will now be yellow. You will also receive a confirmation email at your myTyndale address.
8) To attach a file, edit, or cancel your appointment, click on your yellow time slot, and then click the appropriate button at the bottom of the window that opens. PLEASE NOTE that all appointments must cancelled with at least 5 hours’ notice to avoid a strike as per our Late Cancellation Policy.
9) Attend your appointment. If your appointment is on campus, come to Room E304. If your appointment is over video call, log into Microsoft Teams using your myTyndale credentials at the date and time of your appointment and look out for a "Chat" message from your Consultant. (If you are having trouble accessing Teams, find out more here).
For information on cancellation and other policies, please see our Policies and Service Agreements page.
We look forward to working with you soon!