The Tyndale Library is the part of the educational enterprise that selects, acquires, organizes and makes information accessible for the Tyndale Community and the general public to further the educational goals and the institutional Mission of Tyndale University College & Seminary.
Tyndale Libraries has over 160,000 items in its collection. This includes reference materials, audiovisuals, current periodicals and monographs that make up the main library collection. For holdings, please consult the WorldCat catalogue.
The vast majority of library periodicals are now available electronically. Locations and holdings are listed in the Journal Directory. The library subscribes to over 250 periodicals in print and in addition maintains an extensive collection of back issues. Current issues are available in the main library. Articles from periodicals not held by the library may be requested through interlibrary loan. Some back issues are available on microform. Periodical locations and holdings are listed in the Journal Directory.
The Percival J. Baldwin Puritan Collection
Percival J. Baldwin (1907-1975) was a senior executive in a major Canadian manufacturing corporation located in Toronto. He was raised in the Calvinistic Baptist tradition and developed an early interest in theology and an insatiable appetite for the writings of the Puritans. During the years after World War II he assembled a 2,000 volume Puritan studies collection, including the original editions donated to Tyndale University College and Seminary.
View our complete Library policies including how to obtain a library card, loan periods, renewals, recalls, overdue fines and other charges, placing holds, interlibrary loan and photocopying.
Gifts and Donations Policy
While donated materials appropriate for the library collection are usually welcomed, current space contraints requires the library to be very selective. If you have items that you wish to donate, please discuss this with the Director of Library Services before bringing them to the library.
J. William Horsey (1892-1968) "a man with a great heart and a fine intellect", served as Chairman of the Board of Governors of Toronto Bible College (TBC) from 1964 until his death in 1968. Under his leadership, TBC moved to greater expansion and merged with London College of Bible and Missions (LCBM) to become the ONTARIO BIBLE COLLEGE (OBC), which is presently the Tyndale University College. On his golden wedding anniversary, in 1964, he established the Clara Banford Horsey Library Fund at the College in honour of his wife. In 1966, he donated the library which was later moved from Spadina to North York and bears his name. In 2015 the J. William Horsey Library moved to its present location at 3377 Bayview Avenue. The central location of the library directly under the chapel affirms the importance faith and scholarship to the Tyndale community.